DE CELEBRATES OCTAVIA’S ANTHEM UPDATE
Independent developer and publisher Digital Extremes is proud to announce the first major Warframe® update of 2017, Octavia’s Anthem, marks the game’s four-year anniversary. Once an experimental PC Beta in 2013’s volatile market, the free-to-play, cooperative online action game, Warframe, is now a critical success that provides players with consistent, significant updates on three platforms, and is powered by one of the most robust, dedicated communities in the industry including more than 30 million registered users. With more than 29 million Warframes crafted, 3 billion missions successfully completed, 14 trillion Crewmen killed, and 17 quadrillion XP earned, the past four years have kept players busy!
In light of its four-year birthday, Digital Extremes is marking this milestone with the release of its inventive new PC update that expands musical boundaries like none before it. Octavia’s Anthem has Warframe players journeying through an original, lore-driven quest in search of the musically enchanted Octavia Warframe. Along with Octavia comes the introduction of a simple-to-use musical instrument that enables players to compose original songs and synchronize them to their weapons to rhythmically dominate the enemy. Music isn’t just a tool of destruction in this update — players can create musical arrangements in cooperation with other Tenno and trade songs. For story buffs and lore fans, a newly written web comic, entitled What Remains, explores material well in advance of Octavia’s Anthem. Check the web comic’s first teaser cells here.
· Download the new Octavia’s Anthem update four-year Infographic, and artwork here.
· Watch it on YouTube.
Additionally, players can capture, edit and share their customized Warframes using the robust Captura photo capture tool. The result is stunning Warframe images to use as wallpaper, screenshots and art. New Weapons, Helmets, Glyphs, and more are also included in this update, available today on PC for free.
Key features in the Octavia’s Anthem update include:
· NEW WARFRAME: Force your foes to face the music with Lotus’ newest warrior, Octavia. Octavia’s abilities are powered by the Mandachord, a formidable tool used to mix Melody, Bass, and Percussion into a harmony of destruction. Create cooperatively devised songs with friends in dojos, or download other Tenno-created songs and re-experience Octavia from a different perspective.
· NEW CAPTURA FEATURE: Don your best Fashion Frame, then capture and edit the ultimate image with a variety of filters, graphics and editing tools.
· NEW QUEST: The Octavia’s Anthem Quest will have you drawn into the Relay by the vast consciousness Cephalon Suda, whose strange, disoriented behavior warrants investigation. Find out what happened to Cephalon Suda before it’s too late and the knowledge she has collected is destroyed. Beware, Tenno, as darkness lingers.
· NEW WEAPONS: Wield two new weapons designed to work in synch with the Octavia Warframe.
The Digital Extremes development team is marking Warframe’s four-year anniversary by offering four anniversary gifts. On Tuesday, March 28, players will receive a free Dex Nouchali Syandana in their Landing Craft Inbox, while the Dex Sybaris, Dex Dakra, and Dex Furis — previous Warframe anniversary gifts — are available to earn in Alerts from Friday, March 24 to Monday, March 27 at 11 am PST/2 p.m. ET.
Please visit the official Warframe website at www.warframe.com to join the community and download the game. To keep up with the latest updates from the development team, be sure to follow Warframe on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world’s top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games’ multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal, Unreal Tournament – and all its iterations – Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multi-player campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of more than 30 million registered players on PC, PS4™ and Xbox One. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.