THE WAR WITHIN LAUNCHES ON PC, XBOX ONE AND PS4
Independent developer and publisher, Digital Extremes, launched The War Within, its biggest, most comprehensive Warframe® update on PC on November 11, and on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One on December 9, 2016.
The War Within contains a highly-anticipated cinematic quest as a continuation of The Second Dream – the free-to-play action game’s most played release to date – and drives players on a chilling journey through new missions, planets, and stunning lore-filled cinematics. In celebration of this monumental update, Digital Extremes launched a massive Warframe Prime Gaming Giveaway as a thank you to its community.
Free to download on PC, Xbox One, and PS4, The War Within brought record-breaking results. Hitting an all-time high of 68,530 concurrent players, Warframe rocketed into the top three games on Steam during the release weekend.
See the Warframe's The War Within update in action on YouTube
Since the Tenno have awoken, whispers of the Grineer Queens’ presence have echoed throughout the system. What secrets lay hidden within their shadowy empire? Venture into their fortress to unravel the mysteries of the Tenno’s past and discover their true abilities. But beware, this path is not an easy one. Underpowered and unprepared, players must be willing to test the limits of their strength in new and unsettling ways, not only to save themselves but the fate of their entire kind.
Feature additions include new gameplay, Enemies, Weapons, Customizations, a new Mission Type, dozens of story secrets, and more:
· LORE-DRIVEN CINEMATIC QUEST: The Queen's Fortress is a maze of caves littered with advanced Grineer technology, the likes of which Tenno have never seen before. Be careful! The Fortress is heavily guarded with new and dangerous foes. Bypass their heavy defenses and enter the Queens’ Chamber to uncover the secrets of an empire.
· NEW ENEMIES: A new breed of Grineer comes to light. Wearing heavy armor and adorned in red cloth, the Kuva Guardians are among the fighting elite in the Queens' army. Beware the mischievous jester-like creatures that often accompany them; while small, their attacks are quick and deadly.
· NEW WEAPONS: Dominate enemies with these powerful new weapons:
- Twin Rogga – Dual pistols capable of assassinating targets from a distance as well as in combat.
- Zarr – Akin to a sci-fi musket, this heavy-hitting weapon that packs enough power to kill multiple enemies or even larger enemies at point-blank range with a single shot.
-Kesheg – A shimmering, ornate melee staff that is extremely dangerous up close.
· NEW CUSTOMIZATIONS: Give Warframes, Landing Crafts, and companions a new look with a new Syandana, Sugatra, Armor and Skins.
· NEW MISSION TYPE: In the new Mission Type ‘Assault,’ players engage in a multi-stage stealth and action Mission where they breach an enemy base in an asteroid field to prevent an attack.
Want to experience all these new additions with a top-of-the line gaming rig? As a thank you to the Warframe community for their unending support, and in celebration of The War Within’s release on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One, Digital Extremes officially launched the Warframe Prime Gaming Giveaway during The Game Awards show on December 1, 2016. This spectacular giveaway will help Warframe players ramp up the quality of their game with an incredible array of custom Prime Gaming Setups*. Here is what our lucky Tenno could win:
· Top-of-the-line Origin PC with custom Prime-designed cases loaded with a GTX 1080 Founders Edition graphics card, Intel Core i7 6700k processor, 16GB of DDR4 RAM, and 24" monitor; plus Razer® peripherals and accessories
· PS4™ Pro Gaming Setups – Custom Prime-skinned PlayStation®4 Pro, Sony® 4K HDR 50" TV, Sony® Surround Sound system
· Xbox One S Gaming Setups – Custom Prime-skinned Xbox One S, 4K HDR 50" TV, Surround Sound system
· Top Tier Prime Access Packs (first release of 2017) to be delivered to your game account one week before it's released to the public – Prime Access is a premium program offering instant access to the most coveted variants of Warframes and gear
To be eligible for a chance to win, players must log in to play Warframe between now and Wednesday, February 1, 2017, and fill out an official entry form on the official website at warframe.com/giveaway. Warframe Prime Gaming Sweepstakes is limited to residents of North America, Finland, France, Germany, Mexico, Norway, Russia, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. Some exceptions apply. Full details and rules are available here: www.warframe.com/giveaway.
Please visit the official Warframe website at www.warframe.com to join the community and download the game. To keep up with the latest updates from the development team, be sure to follow Warframe on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal, Unreal Tournament – and all its iterations – Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multi-player campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of more than 26 million registered players on PC, PS4™ and Xbox One. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
*Prizes and appearance subject to change. Visit website for full contest rules.