Why choose Digital Extremes?
Ingenuity, diligence, highly skilled, specifically trained. With stealth precision, this team of ninjas have infiltrated the F2P market. Can we control the natural elements, shape shift or walk on water? Hell no. But we can develop kick-ass videogames. We are masters of our own weaponry. What is your superhuman skill? Do you have what it takes to join this elite team? Bring it. Recruiting now.
Associate Editorial Manager
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- London, ON
- Min Exp:
- 2 years
- $35,000 – $80,000
Do you love writing about games, entertainment, and pop-culture? Can you turn a good idea for a tweet into a fined-tuned 280-character work of art? Can you slash through documents, leaving behind only their succinct pulpy goodness? If so, the Associate Editorial Manager position at DE may be a great fit for you!
The Associate Editorial Manager is responsible for assisting the Editorial Manager in divvying up and editing copy tasks to the editorial team. They help oversee all aspects of published content, teaming up with our Ninjas in other departments to ensure that the content as a whole aligns with the ambitious goals of the marketing, community, and development team.
- Work with the Editorial Manager to develop, manage, and execute editorial strategies that create engaging content marketing for all of our players
- Take out your pen (or keyboard) to write articles, letters, blogs, newsletters, ad copy, social media posts… and more
- Review, edit and finalize copy that fits Warframe and our third-party published titles content, quality and tone
- Assist in planning and scheduling copy tasks for your fellow writing Ninjas
- Rally the team to improve engagement by tracking performance of editorial content through social media analytic tools
- Coordinate with the multimedia, community, dev, and marketing teams to ensure that our content marketing as a whole (copy + multimedia) achieves each teams’ goals
- Excite and motivate the team to meet the tight deadlines of Games as a Service
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, marketing, communications, english or other related field
- 1-2 years of management experience
- 2-4 years of experience in content marketing development - social, blogs, journalism, etc., Entertainment industry experience (gaming, music, tv) preferred
- Deep understanding of social media platforms, content management and analytical tools
- Exceptional writing skills with a strong attention to detail, grammar, and tone of voice
- Fun, creative, energetic personality, who fits into a fast-paced team environment
- Comfortable with providing constructive feedback and iteration on copy until it meets quality expectation
- Deep love for gaming, nerd and pop-culture