Why choose Digital Extremes?
Ingenuity, diligence, highly skilled, specifically trained. With stealth precision, this team of ninjas have infiltrated the F2P market. Can we control the natural elements, shape shift or walk on water? Hell no. But we can develop kick-ass videogames. We are masters of our own weaponry. What is your superhuman skill? Do you have what it takes to join this elite team? Bring it. Recruiting now.
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- London, ON
- Min Exp:
- 2 years
Date Posted: February 8, 2016
- Follow and on occasion help to define art direction through collaboration with the Layout Lead and the Art Director
- Work closely with the Art Director and the Layout Lead while collaborating with the Level Design team to understand and balance the artistic and gameplay direction of the project to ensure the successful execution of the game’s visual and technical design on a level by level basis
- Use analytical thinking and the defined art sets, props, visual fx and lighting techniques to design visually stunning, dynamic and technically efficient environments that support the narrative and game play goals of the level.
- Use traditional 2D and 3D art skills in the production of environments, including the construction of high level compositions and proxy models from which final assets will be built.
- Work closely with the Level Design team to fulfil the primary feature requirements of the game as it relates to layout, and contribute to the team’s goal of reaching the project’s vision. Ensure the visual quality of each environment through tuning, bug fixing, and play-testing
- Collaborate with artists, engineers and designers to ensure effective integration of art, game design, and technology
- Work as a team member with production and development, promoting creative thinking processes within the team and integrating their input to translate the game vision into gameplay reality
- Review levels for visual integrity, playability, and fun factor while considering the creative direction, game play, and the target platforms
- Contribute innovative and original ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Deliver work on time and according to schedule as prepared by the Art Director and Producer
- Engage with the entire production team to stay current on the scope and understanding of the project
- Actively participate in the feedback loop including accepting feedback from and providing feedback within the art and level design team as required
- Each Layout Artist is expected to multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and trouble-shoot any issues relative to the Layout role that may arise
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellent concepting skills and range of style
- Experience in game engine fundamentals such as performance optimization, game engine tools, shaders and scripting.
- The ability to learn new software quickly, including our proprietary game engine
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
- A genuine enthusiasm and interest in video games
- Willing to relocate to Canada
- Experience with Maya, Photoshop and ZBrush or Mudbox highly beneficial
- Strong 3d modeling, texturing and UV-mapping skills