Why choose Digital Extremes?
Ingenuity, diligence, highly skilled, specifically trained. With stealth precision, this team of ninjas have infiltrated the F2P market. Can we control the natural elements, shape shift or walk on water? Hell no. But we can develop kick-ass videogames. We are masters of our own weaponry. What is your superhuman skill? Do you have what it takes to join this elite team? Bring it. Recruiting now.
Video Game Writer
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Min Exp:
- 5+ years
We are looking for a writer with a bleeding heart and a love of sci-fi/fantasy wanted.
We are looking for a talented story teller to add to our writing team! In this position you will continue Warframe’s tradition of telling unique science fiction stories that explore sci-fi/fantasy with writing that is balanced by humanity and emotional hooks. You have an excellent grasp of written English and it’s dreadful grammar rules. You have nodded while reading George Orwell’s essay “Politics and the English Language”. If you know Warframe, you’ll know we update the game frequently with new Quests and won’t freak out that you’d have to break a story and write it’s radio-play style dialogue within a few weeks. You’re mentally flexible and will find yourself sometimes switching between mind-blowing plots and simple, terse weapon descriptions.
· Understand the intentions of the Creative Director and collaborate to accurately translate their vision
· Generate story outlines and treatments, producing dramatic arcs, character descriptions, and dialogue—identifying problems and generating solutions.
· Produce complete scripts for in-game cinematics and scripted events and prepare them for performance sessions (Voice-over recording).
· Own the writing for supporting narrative elements (Codex entries, historical accounts, inbox messages, ambient character VO)
· Write flexible and adaptable narrative that can be shaped by player choice, leading to various outcomes or consequences based on those choices.
· Assist and review the integration of narrative elements, provide testing and feedback on related items.
· Help push the development of production tools used to create, track, and test narrative elements.
· Experience in creative writing, or screenwriting
· Fluent English, written and spoken. Excellent communication Skills,
· Fundamental and critical understanding of videogames and interactivity—Must play video games!
· Ability to work under pressure and to Production deadlines – providing quality writing on expedited timelines
· Ability to collaborate and respond to feedback.
· You may be asked to complete a small writing test to explore how you work under time constraints
· 5+ years Games Industry experience working on “AAA” action or RPG titles.
· Experience working in a team or collaborative environment that spans multiple disciplines.
· Experience in VO direction or working with voice talent.
· Strong technical background in Gameplay or Cinematic design and implementation.
· High interest or love for themes of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Adventure.
· Experience working with game editors and scripting languages/systems.