Why choose Digital Extremes?
Ingenuity, diligence, highly skilled, specifically trained. With stealth precision, this team of ninjas have infiltrated the F2P market. Can we control the natural elements, shape shift or walk on water? Hell no. But we can develop kick-ass videogames. We are masters of our own weaponry. What is your superhuman skill? Do you have what it takes to join this elite team? Bring it. Recruiting now.
Corporate Sous Chef
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- London, ON
- Min Exp:
- 5 years
Please submit a detailed resume with a cover letter indicating why you feel working in a corporate kitchen would be a dream job for you and what makes you stand out that you would be the perfect choice to join an already incredible culinary team.
Only applications with a cover letter will be considered.
Work alongside the Executive Chef and a kitchen team to manage daily kitchen activities, including overseeing staff, aiding with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking. Provides meal quality and consistency by following, and creating new recipes.
- Lead kitchen team in Executive Chef’s absence.
- Provide guidance to kitchen staff members, including, but not limited to, cooking techniques, time management, food preparation, and buffet presentation.
- Oversee and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients
- Ensure a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verify all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Keep food stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
- Enforce principles of Food Safety, HACCP, etc. at all times
- Manage food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervise all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality meets both Digital Extremes and Executive Chefs’ standards
- Works with the Executive Chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff skills and abilities, and training opportunities
- Verify that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed, and HACCP procedures are being followed in accordance with Public health regulations.
- Assist Executive Chef and kitchen staff with menu creation
- Coordinate with Executive Chef on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staff mentoring.
Required skills and qualifications
Formal Culinary Training, Previous Restaurant Experience, Extensive Food and Beverage Knowledge, Restaurant Industry Knowledge, Strong Organizational Skills, Attention to Detail, Knowledge of Restaurant Regulations, Leadership, Management, Positivity, Ability to Work Under Pressure, Self-Motivated, Creative Problem-Solving Skills, Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills, Exceptional Customer-Service Skills
Minimum of 5 years of experience working in the restaurant industry
Minimum of 2 years working as a supervisor, or at a Sous Chef Level
Experience working with Buffet style food, creating new dishes, and working with ethnic cuisines would be an asset.
Red Seal an asset
Grade 12 or equivalent
Degree in hospitality management or Culinary Management, or Apprenticeship Program