Why choose Digital Extremes?
Ingenuity, diligence, highly skilled, specifically trained. With stealth precision, this team of ninjas have infiltrated the F2P market. Can we control the natural elements, shape shift or walk on water? Hell no. But we can develop kick-ass videogames. We are masters of our own weaponry. What is your superhuman skill? Do you have what it takes to join this elite team? Bring it. Recruiting now.
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Min Exp:
- 1-2 years
The PR coordinator is a fearless writer, champion of the Warframe universe, and ultimate team player. Deeply seated in the Warframe lexicon, you will learn and master all of the Warframe lore, characters, stories, and more, and communicate said ideas with accuracy and creativity though a number of social media conduits to perfection. As part of the PR team, you will work with our multimedia and community teams to generate and execute a variety of ideas and translate them into effectively written posts, great Website copy, enticing newsletters, and other written activities.
Social Media Coordination
- Work with the multimedia team to marry effective language with top-level imagery, manage flow from rough idea to final copy, and execute posts in a timely and engaging manner.
- Coordinate with Community team to ensure all ideas (posts, contests, activities, etc.) are incorporated and delivered through social media.
- Have a savvy understanding of the social media landscape and use that knowledge to grow our community base through a variety of social media channels.
- Have excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram functionality, from handling reader comments to understanding and effectively using analytical tools.
- Provide creative input and work with management on overall PR plans.
- Use intricate knowledge of the game(s) to suggest new avenues for SM and PR opportunities.
- Explore trends in technology and the free-to-play industry to suggest new ways to grow our community.
- Assist with corporate and product event planning and participate when needed.
- Provide support and ideas for internal company communication initiatives.
- Assist with administrative duties when necessary.
- Plan SM Calendar.
- Generate clever, attractive ideas and turn them into engaging social media posts that appeal to our growing community of 26 million registered users.
- Write marketing, advertising, and web copy for Warframe and other games (Social Media posts, Website content, Microsite content, newsletter copy, etc.).
- Learn and master the Warframe universe and all of the correct language, ideas, and promotional opportunities associated with it.
- Maintain an open, effective communication channel with the development team to accurately capture the latest update information and convey that into smart, engaging copy.
- Work with marketing managers to write accurate and appropriate PC and console advertising and marketing copy in a timely manner.
- Ensure the company and project websites (i.e. Warframe) are current and attractive, including translations and media.
- Create, maintain, expand, and protect Warframe’s and Digital Extremes’ public image through copywriting materials.
- Minimum 1-2 years Public Relations or Marketing experience (internal or agency side).
- Minimum 1+ years PR experience in the video game industry working with AAA titles and/or F2P with solid demonstrable gaming media relationships.
- BA in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field.
- Exceptional problem solving skills under pressure while considering the big picture and not just quick fixes.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented, ultra-organized, quality-focused and driven to consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Strong team player, able to balance and blend various department needs and views into effective PR strategy and work with other teams to complement and support each other’s plans and objectives.
- Ability to objectively evaluate media, customer and community feedback and make appropriate recommendations and actions with a focus on player satisfaction.
- Knowledge of games and the game industry markets – including player audiences, genres, preferences and trends.
- A passionate gamer