Why choose Digital Extremes?
Ingenuity, diligence, highly skilled, specifically trained. With stealth precision, this team of ninjas have infiltrated the F2P market. Can we control the natural elements, shape shift or walk on water? Hell no. But we can develop kick-ass videogames. We are masters of our own weaponry. What is your superhuman skill? Do you have what it takes to join this elite team? Bring it. Recruiting now.
Event & Merchandising Coordinator
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Min Exp:
- 2-4 years
Event & Merchandising Coordinator
What do gaming, event planning and branded merchandise have in common? You! You get gaming culture because you live it already. You have great taste and an eye for quality products, you will leave no stone unturned to create masterfully designed official merchandise that represents the heart of Warframe to our players. Your organization skills, common sense, creative problem-solving and intricate knowledge of your product make your events second to none. You are a master of last minute changes and solutions — cool, calm and collected become synonymous with your name when the unexpected rears its ugly head at the worst time possible. You are a humble leader who understands team unity and transparency drives successful programs. We have one of the most passionate player Communities in the industry and a pillar of our success has been to focus on forging meaningful, personal relationships among our players, developer and gamers everywhere — events and merchandise are some of the important tools we utilize to achieve that vision.
- Work with the Marketing Director and Community/LiveOps Producer to conceive, plan and execute events and branded merchandise that delight Warframe players and increases the personal connection between the players, the development team and the game
- Become familiar with Warframe, its Community and our marketing efforts to help guide in the development of relevant, timely and engaging events
- Evaluate and assemble an annual event calendar that maximizes the reach to players in key regions and takes advantage of industry standard events such as PAX East/West, Gamescom, EGX, NYCC, etc.
- Build strong relationships with event organizers at key industry events as well as with gaming-related third-parties to maximize potential event opportunities and sponsorships
- Work with marketing team to brainstorm, coordinate and execute event promotion to maximize event attendance
- Work with multimedia team to create high quality, consistent branding materials for events and fun, player-driven concepts for merchandise
- Manage all events from start to finish including maintaining timelines/priorities, negotiating vendor agreements, managing budget, event decor/environment, onsite staffing, event schedule, setup/tear down activities, troubleshooting issues, etc.
- Analyze and produce event post-mortem reports for internal key stakeholders with recommendations and key-learnings for improvements from year to year
- Source and manage creation of event promotional items when warranted
- Manage official merchandise product pipeline from start to finish including sourcing, manufacturing, marketing, store setup, fulfillment
- Work with Community, Marketing and Multimedia departments to identify awesome profitable merchandise ideas that will excite players
- Proactively research future projects, vendors, quality samples and prototypes
- Plan product ranges, timelines for new releases, prepare sales and stock plans
- Maintain and build relationships with vendors and fulfillment company
- Manage online storefront look and setup with Web team to achieve sales goals by utilizing online sales best practices
- Track stock levels and adjust purchasing forecasts accordingly
- Analyze sales data to determine best sellers, best sales price, etc to ensure they reach full potential; alternately monitor slow sellers and take action to reduce prices or set promotions as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Management, Retail Management or related field required
- 2-4 years experience in small and large-scale event planning and promotional or branded merchandising; experience within the gaming industry a plus
- Beyond compare organization and project management skills. Must have the ability to work on numerous tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Proactive, humble, driven, self-directed and project execution master; never content with status quo; always eager to get the job done and done in an exemplary way; works through admitted mistakes to continually improve
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of marketing, promotions and pricing strategies, analysis and trends, product positioning, and promotional activity
- Quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills. Must be very comfortable with data analysis and creation of meaningful ROI reporting
- Ability to leverage metrics and stats to make well-informed decisions, and reinforce marketing instincts with meticulous analysis and research; ability to use data to build business cases with a focus on ROI
- Demonstrable passion for video games and game culture
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite