Why choose Digital Extremes?
Ingenuity, diligence, highly skilled, specifically trained. With stealth precision, this team of ninjas have infiltrated the F2P market. Can we control the natural elements, shape shift or walk on water? Hell no. But we can develop kick-ass videogames. We are masters of our own weaponry. What is your superhuman skill? Do you have what it takes to join this elite team? Bring it. Recruiting now.
3D Environment Artist
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Min Exp:
- 1 year
- Utilize traditional art training and knowledge of 3D art, design and computer graphics software to build efficient, high quality 3D models using next generation techniques such as normal mapping and advanced shaders
- Translate 2D concepts into 3D reality including modeling, texturing, UV-mapping, etc through the supervision of the Art Director and Lead Artist
- Work closely with the Art Director and Lead Artist to understand the creative direction as well as ensure the successful execution of the game’s visual design
- Contribute innovative and original ideas toward all art aspects of the game’s production and development
- Deliver work on time and according to schedule as prepared by the Art Director
- Actively participate in the feedback loop including accepting feedback from and providing feedback within the art team as required staying current on the scope and understanding of the project.
- Coordinate with Production and the team on the generation and supply of marketing assets as defined by the schedule
- Multitask effectively, prioritize competing demands, and following through on details.
- Support and mentor other artists who are less experienced and require more direction
- 1+ years previous experience in the video game industry
- A portfolio that demonstrates excellent concept, modeling and texturing
- Strong lighting skills and experience creating normal maps and applying shaders
- Above average ability to model, texture, and optimize props and assets for a state of the art next-gen game engine
- Possess exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Maya or Max, ZBrush or Mudbox, and Photoshop
- Experience with Painter highly beneficial
- Have a genuine enthusiasm and interest in video games
- Excellent understanding of efficient techniques for game production
- Working knowledge of the Evolution Engine
- Traditional art background or experience
- Strong Composition skills and an understanding of Colour Theory